Ingredient Odyssey SA, better known for its EntoGreen brand, is a company that aims to contribute to the development of a sustainable agri-food sector, focusing on the development of bio-based technologies that make it possible to re-use nutritional wastes that occurs along the agri-food sector, reintroducing them back into the value chain.
With a growing team, we want to strengthen our staff by selecting:
Science Manager – Doctoral Degree (PhD) – (m/f) – Santarém (Portugal)
As part of the multidisciplinary Research & Development team, the employee will assume the following responsibilities:
- Manage research, development and innovation (RDI) projects independently;
- Collaborate with co-workers and other research and development institutions;
- Coordinate Ingredient Odyssey’s R&D activities in several areas and assume responsibilities in the execution of the company’s R&D plan in several specific areas (biodigestion, fertilizers and soils, genetics, among others).
- Conduct fertilization trials in greenhouses and in the field;
- Prepare, participate and monitor commercial trials;
- Conduct biodigestion trials of by-products and residues with insect larvae
- Identify funding opportunities for projects at national and international level, and participate in the preparation and submission of applications in the areas of insect production, soils, plants, biodigestion and related areas;
- Assume responsibility for project management, supervision of works and students and monitoring of works;
- Participate in the promotion and execution of technology and knowledge transfer actions, participation in fairs and congresses;
- Contribute to continuous improvement actions for existing processes at Ingredient Odyssey;
- Collaborate in training actions and in teaching classes in higher education;
- Participate in other business challenges.
- PhD in biology, agriculture or related areas;
- Knowledge of writing, conducting and managing research and development projects and participating in multidisciplinary research and development teams;
- Knowledge of agronomic experimentation, preferably in the areas of soil science, fertilization, plant growth and development;
- Experience in attracting funding for research and innovation programs and projects, in research and innovation activities, and in collaboration with companies, in project management and in technology and knowledge transfer actions;
- Experience in project guidance and team management;
- Proven experience in writing technical and scientific texts in English.
We offer conditions compatible with the function and the possibility of integrating a young and dynamic company, in a highly innovative and fast-growing sector.
Workplace: Ingredient Odyssey SA facilities – EntoGreen – Zona Industrial de Santarém – Portugal
Contract duration: 12 month renewable contract.
If you see yourself in this offer, send us your curriculum vitae and cover letter for consideration, until November 11 2022, with the reference Entogreen – Science Manager, through the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org